Alcohol Treatment Program Near You in Wells, ME
Get access to a compassionate, supportive alcohol treatment program in Wells, ME. We provide same-day treatment for those living with alcoholism (AUD) in Maine.
Judgment-Free Outpatient Alcoholism (AUD) Treatment in Wells, ME
With Better Life Partners, you can get started with your alcohol treatment program on the same day that you call or text us at (866) 679-0831 in Wells, Maine. Alcohol use disorder (AUD) is a disease that can affect anyone, regardless of their background or socioeconomic status, which is why we make it possible for everyone to get treatment. We offer virtual and in-person services, flexible timeslots for group therapy and appointments, and dozens of other resources.
No matter what your budget might be, we’ll make sure you can get the treatment you need. We accept most insurances, including Mainecare and Medicare. We also offer a sliding-fee scale to anyone who needs it. Thanks to our partnerships with organizations like OPTIONS and 211 Maine, we can bring care to you, no matter where you’re at in Maine.
Get started with treatment today, just follow these simple steps:
- Start with a 15-minute consultation with a member of our care team, just call or text us at (866) 679-0831. You can get started with treatment immediately after this call!
- If you feel like Better Life Partners is a good fit for you after this call, we’ll help you schedule an orientation, an assessment, and weekly group counseling sessions at a time that works best for you.
- Some people want to use medication during their recovery, but it’s never required! If you’re interested in medication for alcohol use disorder, just ask when you call. We’ll set you up with a meeting with a prescriber to see which of our three medications might be a good fit for you.
Convenient Resources for Alcohol Use Disorder (Alcoholism) in Wells, ME
At Better Life Partners, we believe that anybody who wants treatment for alcohol use disorder (AUD) should be able to access it. That’s why we make sure getting treatment with us is quick and easy. After a short phone consultation, you can get started with treatment immediately.
We’ll provide you with group counseling sessions once a week, at a time that works for you. During these hour-long sessions, you connect with your peers who are also recovering from AUD, and you also get guidance from a licensed professional on things like setting goals, cultivating healthy coping mechanisms, managing symptoms, and more. These sessions are always led by a professional, so you’re able to get support from a social network as well as someone trained to help you with the mental and physical aspects of AUD.
These therapy sessions are just one of the dozens of resources we offer our members. Everyone’s situation is unique, and you’ll have different goals from the person sitting next to you, which is why we tailor your treatment program to your own personal needs. You’re also able to get outside help from other treatment programs, like AA, if you’d like. We want you to recover in whatever way is best for you, and we’ll connect you with resources and programs that’ll help you get there!
Our list of resources for AUD is always growing, but here are just a few examples of what we can provide you with in Wells, Maine:
- Group therapy led by a medical professional
- Optional medications for alcoholism
- Recovery coaching
- A supportive recovery community
- Care coordination and referral services
- 1-on-1 counseling
- And so much more!
Call or text us today at (866) 679-0831 to start setting up a treatment plan tailored to your goals and needs!
Why choose Better Life Partners for your alcohol recovery?
- Join a supportive, compassionate recovery community. Getting treatment with Better Life Partners means you automatically become a part of a community of individuals working towards a healthier life. You’ll get support from multiple sources, from peers in your group counseling sessions to licensed professionals dedicated to providing you with the care you need to succeed.
- Decide what recovery means for you! Everyone’s recovery journey is going to look different, and no two people are going to have the same goals. That’s okay! You get to decide for yourself what “healthy” means to you–whether you want to drink less or abstain from alcohol altogether, we’ll do everything we can to help you get there.
- Get accessible, same-day care for alcohol use disorder. The last thing you need when looking for treatment is waitlists, barriers to entry, and ultimatums. That’s why we make it easy–there are no waitlists, we don’t turn folks away, and we don’t punish people. You’re able to come and go as you need, and right when you decide to come back you can start treatment that same day. Our services are also available online, so you can start recovering from the comfort of your home, if you’d like.
A Harm Reduction-Approach to Healing: Alcohol Treatment Program in Wells, ME
Our member-centered approach to alcohol use disorder (alcoholism) treatment makes it easy for you to prioritize your own goals and focus on healing. No matter what your goals might be–abstinence, drinking in moderation, or something else–we’re here to provide the resource you need to meet them! Our alcohol treatment program uses a combination of licensed practitioners, peer support services, and access to medical providers if that’s what you want.
We recognize that recovery is going to mean something different for everyone who comes to us for alcohol treatment, which is why you’re encouraged to set your own goals and determine what a healthier life looks like for you. There’s something for everyone at Better Life Partners–no matter what you envision for yourself, we’re ready to help. We’re non-punitive, and we also don’t require abstinence to be in our alcohol treatment program, so you can feel safe coming to us as you are.
The care team at Better Life Partners is committed to providing you with compassionate, judgment-free care, regardless of your background or relationship with alcohol. No goal is too big or too small for us, we’re prepared to support you in whatever ways you need.
Call or text us today at (866) 679-0831 to get started with treatment for alcoholism (AUD), we’re always ready to talk!
Interested in medication for alcohol use disorder (AUD)? We can help!
Everyone’s situation is different, and some people who come to our program are interested in utilizing medication to support them through their recovery. That’s great! But we also want to emphasize that medication is never required to be a part of our program, and lots of members choose to use other resources instead. If you are interested in medication-assisted recovery, we have three different options:
- Disulfiram (Antabuse): We recommend this for those looking to abstain from alcohol completely, it decreases cravings and urges to drink and it is taken 3x/day.
- Acamprosate (Campral): Also recommended for those who want to abstain from alcohol, it is taken once per day and reduces cravings while also making the body extra sensitive to alcohol intake.
- Naltrexone: This is good for those looking to drink in moderation, it reduces cravings and urges to drink while also decreasing the pleasant effects of intoxication. It comes in two forms, daily medication or a monthly injectable.
Medications aren’t for everyone, but some people find them to be a helpful part of their recovery! No matter which medication your prescriber decides is best for you, they have all been studied and have shown to be safe and effective at treating AUD (alcoholism). You’ll have guidance from medical professionals if you do end up using medication, so you’ll never have to go through the process alone.
If you’re interested in medication, just let us know when you call or text us at (866) 679-0831.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is Better Life Partners located in Wells, Maine?
We partner with community organizations so that we can provide our medication-assisted treatment services wherever they’re needed in Maine. With fantastic partners and virtual options, no matter where you are in the state, you can receive our alcohol treatment services.
How is Better Life Partners’ alcohol treatment program different from AA?
Our program takes the best parts of AA and builds upon them. We offer group sessions, like AA, but they are led by licensed professionals and are focused on your unique needs. You can also receive our treatment online or in person based on your preference. While our sessions aren’t geared toward a one-faith practice, we support members of all faiths and encourage each person to share what’s important to them.
Why do you use Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD) and alcoholism interchangeably?
First and foremost, we use the word alcoholism on our website to make sure folks looking online for treatment find us as an option! That said, we know there are several people out there who don’t relate to that word, so we use it alongside AUD and aim to use alcohol use disorder in place of alcoholism when possible.
We use alcohol use disorder instead of alcoholism because AUD includes varying degrees of alcohol use and is a diagnostic medical term, whereas “alcoholism” is a colloquial term that is often interpreted negatively or as referring to someone with a severe alcohol use problem. So, we use AUD to be inclusive and non-judgmental!
Do I need to take medication to be in your program?
Absolutely not! We never ask our members to do anything they are not comfortable with. Many of our members opt out of medications and others elect to use them. Your recovery is up to you! We’re here to provide you with options so you can choose the treatment style that works best for you.
I’m interested in medications, how quickly can I start on Naltrexone/Acamprosate/Disulfiram for Alcoholism?
We offer same-day treatment with or without medications for alcoholism/AUD. Call/text to get started: (866) 679-0831.
What is expected of me during treatment?
First, you will meet with a medical professional to get started. After that, members take part in supportive counseling sessions. Depending on where you’re at in your recovery, this may look like weekly, bi-monthly, or monthly group therapy. Overall, what your treatment looks like is up to you–we’re just here to give you whatever support you need in the process.
Do you accept insurance?
Yes. We accept Mainecare, Medicare, most insurances, and offer a sliding fee scale as needed.
What’s it like to be a Better Life Partners member?
We may be biased, but we think it’s pretty great! We operate with a non-punitive harm reduction philosophy, which means that we offer compassion and flexibility to help you achieve your goals. We believe in creating options and a sense of belonging during recovery, instead of focusing on consequences. Plus, we integrate with other community organizations to make sure you can get our care no matter where you are.
Become a community partner here