Convenient Alcohol Treatment Program in Lewiston, ME
You can receive same-day access to Better Life Partners’ alcohol treatment program in Lewiston, Maine. We provide compassionate, whole-person treatment to those living with alcoholism (AUD).
Outpatient Alcohol Treatment Center Near You in Lewiston, ME
Do you feel like you can’t control your drinking habits? Have friends or family pointed out how often you drink? Do you often wake up not remembering what happened the night before because you drank too much? It doesn’t have to be this way.
Better Life Partners makes it easy to get started with our alcohol treatment program–we don’t have any requirements for abstinence, no waitlists, and no ultimatums. We want to help you start living a healthier life today, no matter what that might look like for you. Our services are easy to access in Lewiston, Maine–we provide in-person services as well as virtual treatment, so you can get care from the comfort of your home if you’d like.
Those living with alcohol use disorder (AUD or alcoholism) don’t have to go through recovery alone. Better Life Partners provides wraparound care for our members, alongside other like-minded organizations that we partner with like Maine Access Points. We make our services affordable to anyone who needs them, we accept most insurances, including Mainecare and Medicare, and we also offer a sliding-fee scale.
Follow these steps to begin your alcohol treatment program today in Lewiston, ME
- Reach out with a call or text at (866) 679-0831 and we’ll get you started with a short, 15-minute consultation with a member of our team. All of your information will remain confidential, and you can begin treatment immediately after this call if you’d like.
- If you feel like Better Life Partners is a good fit for you, we’ll help you set up an orientation into our program and weekly group counseling sessions at a time that works for you.
- If you’re interested in medication-assisted recovery for alcoholism (AUD), we offer three different medications. You are never required to use medication when you’re in our program, and many members opt-out of it. But those who use medication often find it to be a helpful support during recovery–it’s totally up to you. We can set you up with an appointment with a medical professional to discuss your options if you’re interested in medications for AUD.
Recovery is Possible: Getting Treatment for Alcoholism (AUD) in Lewiston, ME
Better Life Partners is breaking down the barriers to receiving alcohol treatment throughout the state of Maine by providing same-day, online and in-person services to those living with alcohol use disorder (AUD or alcoholism). You deserve access to community-based, compassionate care, regardless of your location or goals for recovery–and we’re here to provide it to you!
We’re a non-punitive, judgment-free organization, so you never have to worry about being judged, turned away, or kicked out. Also, if you ever leave, we’ll always welcome you back–no questions asked. Better Life Partners recognizes the complexity of AUD, and we know that there’s no one-size-fits-all treatment for it. That’s why you get to decide what you want your recovery to look like, and we’ll be here to help you along the way.
What makes Better Life Partners’ alcohol treatment program unique?
- Our treatment model is made to fit your unique needs and goals. At Better Life Partners, we offer our members dozens of resources to aid them on their recovery journey. Everyone’s treatment plan is going to look different, because we know that everyone is a unique individual with their own idea of what a healthy life looks like. We have something for everyone!
- We’re dedicated to providing compassionate, judgment-free care. We have a harm reduction philosophy that guides our alcohol treatment program, which just means that we won’t ever make you do anything you don’t want to do, and we also won’t judge you or punish you for missing meetings or relapsing. We’re here to provide options, not consequences.
- You get to decide what recovery means to you. As we said, everyone’s recovery is going to be different. That’s why we encourage you to set your own goals for recovery and determine what a healthy life looks like for you. We’ll provide you with the support and resources you need to get to the life you’re dreaming of.
Resources for Recovering from Alcohol Use Disorder in Lewiston, ME
The foundation of our treatment model is our weekly group therapy sessions, which are always led by a medical professional and can be attended in-person or online. Our members often love having a community support system where they can connect with others going through AUD (alcoholism) recovery alongside them. Not only that, but at each meeting you’ll discuss topics surrounding AUD, and you’ll also gain tools to help you with things like setting goals, developing healthy coping mechanisms, and so much more.
At Better Life Partners, we’ll provide you with dozens of resources to help you along your alcohol recovery journey. Along with laying a strong recovery foundation with your group counseling sessions, you’ll also have the opportunity to utilize our other resources that often come from our partners. We partner with lots of organizations throughout Maine, like Maine Access Points, that allow us to bring care directly to you–no matter where you’re at in the state.
Our list of resources is always growing, but here’s just a few of the things you’ll be able to access in our alcohol treatment program:
- Recovery counseling
- Optional medications for alcohol use disorder (AUD/alcoholism)
- A supportive recovery community
- Group counseling sessions led by a licensed professional
- 1-on-1 counseling
- Mental health care
- Basic primary care services
- And so much more!
Call or text us today at (866) 679-0831 to see what resources might be a good fit for you!
Is medication-assisted treatment for alcohol use disorder right for you?
One optional resource we provide our members with is medication-assisted treatment for AUD (alcoholism). Many of our members opt out of using medication during their recovery, and that’s perfectly okay! We never expect anyone to do anything specific during their treatment, so if you don’t want to use medication it’s never required.
Some people find medication to be a really helpful tool during their recovery, so if you’re interested in that, here are the three medications we offer our members:
- Disulfiram and Acamprosate: These are two different medications that we prescribe to those looking to abstain from alcohol completely. Which medication is prescribed to you will depend on what your doctor decides would be the best fit for you, but both of them work to decrease cravings and urges to drink.
- Naltrexone: We recommend this medication to those looking to decrease the frequency of their drinking, but they don’t necessarily need to quit drinking altogether. It works by easing cravings and decreasing the pleasant effects of drinking.
All three of these medications have been studied and shown to be effective at treating those living with alcohol use disorder. If you’re interested in trying medication for AUD, just mention it when you call us at (866) 679-0831.
Get Care with Compassion: Harm Reduction for Alcohol Treatment
Better Life Partners’ alcohol treatment program is run by a compassionate, supportive care team that is dedicated to providing judgment-free care to those living with alcohol use disorder (AUD/alcoholism). We use harm reduction principles to guide us, which means we don’t dole out punishments, judge anyone, or force folks to do anything they don’t want to do. We’re here to help you start living a healthier life, no matter what that might look like for you.
There’s no one-size-fits-all solution to AUD, which is why we empower our members to set their own goals and determine what recovery looks like for them. Whether you want to drink less, abstain from alcohol altogether, or something else–we’ll be here to support you. Also, if you ever need extra support, you’re welcome to participate in other alcohol recovery programs alongside ours–you get to decide what your recovery looks like!
If you’re ready to get started with treatment, so are we. Just call or text us at (866) 679-0831, we’ll help you start living a healthier life today.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is Better Life Partners located in Lewiston, Maine?
We partner with community organizations so that we can provide our medication-assisted treatment services wherever they’re needed in Maine. With fantastic partners and virtual options, no matter where you are in the state, you can receive our alcohol treatment services.
How is Better Life Partners’ alcohol treatment program different from AA?
Our program takes the best parts of AA and builds upon them. We offer group sessions, like AA, but they are led by licensed professionals and are focused on your unique needs. You can also receive our treatment online or in person based on your preference. While our sessions aren’t geared toward a one-faith practice, we support members of all faiths and encourage each person to share what’s important to them.
Why do you use Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD) and alcoholism interchangeably?
First and foremost, we use the word alcoholism on our website to make sure folks looking online for treatment find us as an option! That said, we know there are several people out there who don’t relate to that word, so we use it alongside AUD and aim to use alcohol use disorder in place of alcoholism when possible.
We use alcohol use disorder instead of alcoholism because AUD includes varying degrees of alcohol use and is a diagnostic medical term, whereas “alcoholism” is a colloquial term that is often interpreted negatively or as referring to someone with a severe alcohol use problem. So, we use AUD to be inclusive and non-judgmental!
Do I need to take medication to be in your program?
Absolutely not! We never ask our members to do anything they are not comfortable with. Many of our members opt out of medications and others elect to use them. Your recovery is up to you! We’re here to provide you with options so you can choose the treatment style that works best for you.
I’m interested in medications, how quickly can I start on Naltrexone/Acamprosate/Disulfiram for Alcoholism?
We offer same-day treatment with or without medications for alcoholism/AUD. Call/text to get started: (866) 679-0831.
What is expected of me during treatment?
First, you will meet with a medical professional to get started. After that, members take part in supportive counseling sessions. Depending on where you’re at in your recovery, this may look like weekly, bi-monthly, or monthly group therapy. Overall, what your treatment looks like is up to you–we’re just here to give you whatever support you need in the process.
Do you accept insurance?
Yes. We accept Mainecare, Medicare, most insurances, and offer a sliding fee scale as needed.
What’s it like to be a Better Life Partners member?
We may be biased, but we think it’s pretty great! We operate with a non-punitive harm reduction philosophy, which means that we offer compassion and flexibility to help you achieve your goals. We believe in creating options and a sense of belonging during recovery, instead of focusing on consequences. Plus, we integrate with other community organizations to make sure you can get our care no matter where you are.
Become a community partner here