Alcohol Treatment Program in Biddeford, ME
Our alcohol treatment program in Biddeford, Maine is run by compassionate, judgment-free staff. Get same-day treatment for alcoholism now!
Alcoholism (now known as alcohol use disorder) Treatment in Biddeford, ME
At Better Life Partners, we make alcohol use disorder (AUD) treatment both easy and accessible if you’re living in Biddeford, ME. You can access the compassionate care and recovery community you deserve without ever having to leave your home. We offer our same-day services online to give you more flexibility and choice. We welcome all faiths and beliefs and have counselors fluent in Spanish and translators available when needed.
We provide these resources across the state of Maine promptly because of our wonderful partnerships with similar-minded organizations, like OPTIONS and the Maine Association of Recovery Residences. We’re able to offer these life-changing resources at a price we make affordable to all. We accept most insurances including Mainecare, Medicare, and a sliding-fee scale. No matter what your budget looks like, give us a call and we will find a solution that can work for you.
Getting outpatient alcohol treatment is easy for anyone living in Biddeford, ME:
- Simply start by calling or texting us at (866) 679-0831 for a confidential 15-minute conversation with a member of our care team, in fluent Spanish or with translators if needed. That’s it! Treatment can begin immediately following this call.
- If you’re hoping to have medication-assisted treatment as part of your plan, we ask you to then complete a follow-up appointment with one of our physicians. Medication is completely optional. Our prescribers have different medications available based on your recovery goals and will help you to choose the best fit for you if you’re interested.
- Last, if you feel Better Life Partners will be the right community for your recovery journey, we’ll help you schedule your weekly group counseling sessions and give you a quick orientation into the program.
Supportive Alcohol Treatment Program Near You in Biddeford, ME
You can begin treatment for alcohol use disorder (AUD) as soon as today wherever you live in Maine with a simple phone call or text to us at (866) 679-0831. At Better Life Partners we like giving you options when beginning your recovery journey for AUD (alcoholism). That’s why we offer our services virtually with dozens of different resources available to be able to best support you in your vision for recovery.
Whether you’re hoping to give up drinking entirely or drink less overall, we’re here to give you the positive and supportive environment that can make your goals a reality. Our programs are centered around compassionate group therapy where you get the benefit of your supportive peers mixed with expert guidance from our licensed counselors. Regardless of what you’re hoping your recovery to look like, we’ll be here with the support and resources you need to get there.
Give us a call/text at (866) 679-0831 anytime to see what we can provide for you.
Why Better Life Partners’ alcohol treatment program may be a good fit for you:
- You can get treatment today from the comfort of your home. We realize there are a lot of barriers when looking into alcohol treatment, but we’re eliminating as many as possible. That’s why we offer access to our recovery community online and in fluent Spanish or with translators as needed. You tell us what would help you be successful and we’ll accommodate your needs.
- We provide a supportive recovery community. We welcome all faiths and beliefs into our program and have no requirements or ‘steps.’ This gives you the freedom to come and go without ever worrying about needing to ‘start over.’ We also encourage you to attend whatever is going to help you be successful, even if that means other programs alongside ours. Your recovery journey is yours to define.
- We’re non-judgmental, non-punitive, and non-coercive. At Better Life Partners, compassionate care filled with understanding and respect is a standard. Our team members encourage you to create your own goals for recovery and are committed to remaining judgment-free and providing you with options, never consequences. We’re here to support your goals, whatever they might be.
Accessible Outpatient Alcohol Treatment Program in Biddeford, ME
At Better Life Partners we provide anyone living in Maine with low barrier access to compassionate, stigma-free alcohol treatment options. We want you to come to us exactly as you are, we’re here to provide you with the resources you need to start living a healthier life today. All of our members get the same warm embrace from our recovery community through our supportive group counseling sessions–regardless of what their goals might be.
We are unique because we provide these counseling sessions with peers that you can build a community with while also having a licensed counselor at the lead. These counselors are an expert source of guidance and advice and can help you with things like symptom management, goal setting, healthy coping skills, and more. They will also help to lead educational discussions that encompass everything recovery and alcoholism (AUD) related. This group support combined with compassionate medical professionals creates a positive environment that makes recovery possible.
To provide you with these accessible and non-judgmental alcohol treatment options, we partner with like-minded organizations throughout the state. Together with our partners, here are a few of the services we offer:
- Group therapy led by a licensed medical professional
- Recovery coaching
- Supportive recovery community
- Optional medications for alcohol use disorder (alcoholism)
- Mental health care
- Care coordination and referral services
- And so much more!
If you’re ready to make a change in your life, give us a call or text at (866) 679-0831. We can get you started on your recovery journey as quickly as today!
Compassion-First Alcohol Treatment Program in Biddeford, ME
Better Life Partners is dedicated to offering a positive and supportive community for anyone looking to recover from AUD (alcoholism). We guide our program from a harm reduction-based point of view. This allows our compassionate care team to remain judgment-free and focused on your goals for recovery.
We know that recovery can come in many different forms. We aren’t here to tell you what it has to look like for you. Whether you choose abstinence or drinking in moderation, or something else entirely, we are here to offer you our full support. You choose what works best for you and we’ll back you 100%.
However we can support you in your journey to a healthier life, we’re here. Call or text us anytime at (866) 679-0831.
Available medications for alcohol use disorder (AUD):
We want to make sure that we can offer our members whatever support tools they feel will offer them the support they need to start recovery. That’s why we offer optional medication-assisted treatment. Medication isn’t the perfect fit for all our members, but for some, it can make all the difference.
We have three medications available at Better Life Partners for members choosing this route. All three of these medications have been well researched and shown to be both safe and effective.
- Disulfiram (Antabuse) is a medication that is great for someone looking to completely abstain from future alcohol use. It works by helping to reduce your urge to drink and making your body extra sensitive to alcohol.
- Acamprosate (Campral) is another medication that’s geared toward people looking for complete abstinence. It works by reducing cravings and urges to drink.
- Naltrexone is different in that it is great for members looking to moderate their drinking. It works by reducing cravings and lowering the “good feelings” associated with alcohol use.
If you’d like to learn more about medications for alcohol use disorder, call or text us at (866) 679-0831.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is Better Life Partners located in Biddeford, Maine?
We partner with community organizations so that we can provide our medication-assisted treatment services wherever they’re needed in Maine. With fantastic partners and virtual options, no matter where you are in the state, you can receive our alcohol treatment services.
How is Better Life Partners’ alcohol treatment program different from AA?
Our program takes the best parts of AA and builds upon them. We offer group sessions, like AA, but they are led by licensed professionals and are focused on your unique needs.While our sessions aren’t geared toward a one-faith practice, we support members of all faiths and encourage each person to share what’s important to them.
Why do you use Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD) and alcoholism interchangeably?
First and foremost, we use the word alcoholism on our website to make sure folks looking online for treatment find us as an option! That said, we know there are several people out there who don’t relate to that word, so we use it alongside AUD and aim to use alcohol use disorder in place of alcoholism when possible.
We use alcohol use disorder instead of alcoholism because AUD includes varying degrees of alcohol use and is a diagnostic medical term, whereas “alcoholism” is a colloquial term that is often interpreted negatively or as referring to someone with a severe alcohol use problem. So, we use AUD to be inclusive and non-judgmental!
Do I need to take medication to be in your program?
Absolutely not! We never ask our members to do anything they are not comfortable with. Many of our members opt out of medications and others elect to use them. Your recovery is up to you! We’re here to provide you with options so you can choose the treatment style that works best for you.
I’m interested in medications, how quickly can I start on Naltrexone/Acamprosate/Disulfiram for Alcoholism?
We offer same-day treatment with or without medications for alcoholism/AUD. Call/text to get started: (866) 679-0831.
What is expected of me during treatment?
First, you will meet with a medical professional to get started. After that, members take part in supportive counseling sessions. Depending on where you’re at in your recovery, this may look like weekly, bi-monthly, or monthly group therapy. Overall, what your treatment looks like is up to you–we’re just here to give you whatever support you need in the process.
Do you accept insurance?
Yes. We accept Mainecare, Medicare, most insurances, and offer a sliding fee scale as needed.
What’s it like to be a Better Life Partners member?
We may be biased, but we think it’s pretty great! We operate with a non-punitive harm reduction philosophy, which means that we offer compassion and flexibility to help you achieve your goals. We believe in creating options and a sense of belonging during recovery, instead of focusing on consequences. Plus, we integrate with other community organizations to make sure you can get our care no matter where you are.
Become a community partner here