Alcohol Treatment Program in South Portland, ME
Our outpatient alcohol treatment program is available online in South Portland, Maine. Get compassionate, supportive care for your alcohol use disorder (alcoholism).
Convenient Alcohol Treatment Program in South Portland, ME
Better Life Partners offers compassionate same-day treatment to those living with alcoholism (now known as alcohol use disorder) in South Portland, ME. In our AUD program, we connect you with peer support, licensed counselors, recovery coaches, and so much more. The same day you call or text us, you can start treatment.
Our partnerships with trusted community organizations throughout Maine, such as the Maine Association of Recovery Residences and Maine Access Points, make it possible for us to bring care right to you, wherever you’re located in Maine. To keep treatment accessible and affordable, we accept most insurances, including Medicare, Mainecare, and offer a sliding fee scale as needed. No matter your budget, we’ll find a price that works for you.
Steps to joining our alcoholism treatment program:
- Call or text us at (866) 679-0831 for a quick, 15-minute conversation with a member of our treatment team. Treatment can begin promptly after this phone call. Everything you share is kept strictly confidential.
- If you feel like our program works for you, we’ll help you set up a brief assessment, orientation, and weekly group counseling sessions at a time convenient for you.
- If you’re interested, you can schedule a longer, optional medical evaluation to determine if medication is right for you. Medication is not a required part of our treatment program, but an option for those interested. If you decide to try medication and medication is prescribed, it will be sent to the pharmacy of your choosing.
Outpatient Treatment for Alcoholism (AUD) in South Portland, ME
If you seek a full support system for alcohol use disorder (“alcoholism”), where you can find a sense of belonging and receive high-quality care, Better Life Partners is here to help. We combine the power of peer support with licensed counselors, providing you with the best holistic service Maine has to offer. We provide online options so that care is easy to access, no matter where you live in Maine. We’ll accommodate your schedule to make treatment as convenient as possible.
Led by medical professionals, our alcohol use disorder treatment program serves each member with compassion. We utilize a harm-reduction approach. We won’t judge your drug use history or treatment goals. Whether you want to abstain, drink in moderation, or try another approach, we’ll provide resources that work for you. Recovery looks different for everyone — you decide what a healthier life means for you.
What makes our AUD (alcoholism) treatment program unique?
- Supportive treatment starts the same day you call. We understand the first step on the recovery journey can often be the most challenging. That’s why we offer a multitude of resources on the same day you call us. With Better Life Partners, you never need to worry about waitlists or jumping through hoops to access treatment.
- Treatment built upon compassion, community, and respect. We know that seeking treatment for alcohol use disorder sometimes carries a stigma, but we’re combating that stigma with our non-punitive, judgment-free care model. You can feel comfortable joining our program as you are. We won’t judge you, and neither will the folks in your group counseling sessions.
- You choose what makes sense for you in recovery. We never force abstinence. Whether your treatment goals involve cutting back, abstaining from drinking, or anything in between, we provide the resources and support to help make it happen. When it comes to your recovery, your voice is most important.
Start Recovery Today: Alcohol Treatment Program Near You in South Portland, ME
Better Life Partners provides flexible same-day treatment for alcoholism (AUD) throughout the state of Maine. Our member-centered approach to treatment recognizes that each member has unique experiences and goals for treatment–that’s why we provide so many recovery options and services.
The cornerstone of the Better Life Partners treatment program is our supportive group counseling sessions. During these weekly meetings, you’ll find community with peers and build a robust support network where you can feel comfortable discussing your experiences with alcohol use disorder (“alcoholism”) and helping each other along in recovery. A licensed professional always leads these sessions. These experts are trained to provide guidance on topics such as healthy coping skills, symptom management, and goal setting.
At Better Life Partners, you never have to face recovery alone. A constellation of licensed practitioners, medical providers, and peers will support you every step of the way.
Thanks to our like-minded partners across Maine, we’re able to bring treatment directly to our members. Here are just a few of the resources we offer for alcohol use disorder:
- Group therapy led by a licensed professional
- Supportive recovery community
- Recovery coaching
- Optional medications for alcohol use disorder like Naltrexone, Acamprosate, and Disulfiram
- Mental health care
- 1-on-1 counseling
- Care coordination and referral services
- And so much more!
If you have any questions, we are happy to provide more information. Feel free to call or text us today at (866) 679-0831. Treatment can start the same day you call.
Get Optional Medication for Alcoholism Today in South Portland, ME
Better Life Partners provides medications for alcoholism on the same day you call or text us at (866) 679-0831. If you’d rather not take medication, that’s completely fine! Many of our members participate in our group counseling sessions without using medication. Other members find medication to be helpful during recovery. If you’re interested in medication-assisted treatment for alcoholism, a clinician will work with you to determine which medication is most appropriate and guide you through the entire treatment process.
For those interested in medications for alcohol use disorder (AUD), we provide three options:
- Naltrexone: If you’d like to cut back on drinking without abstaining from it entirely, this medication could work for you.
- Acamprosate: This medication reduces cravings and works best for those who want to completely abstain from drinking.
- Disulfiram: Like Acamprosate, this medication could help with abstinence goals. It makes your body very sensitive to alcohol intake.
Each of these medications has been studied thoroughly and has shown to be a safe and effective method to treat alcoholism. Our members who use medications also participate in weekly group therapy meetings with peers. Once a month, a medical provider joins these meetings to check in with members about how recovery is going and provide assistance to make the journey smoother.
If you’d like to see if medication is a good option for you, call or text us at (866) 679-0831 to get started with treatment today.
Judgment-Free Alcohol Use Disorder Treatment in South Portland, ME
Our caring team at Better Life Partners understands that no two recovery journeys are the same. No matter what your goals for treatment include, we will always welcome you into our community. We utilize a harm reduction philosophy, which simply means that we never judge or punish our members. We emphasize options, not consequences. You choose what matters to you in recovery–that could mean drinking in moderation, abstinence, or any other goal.
Come as you are to our treatment program, you’ll be met with compassion and respect. We never kick anyone out for missing meetings or relapsing. Abstinence is not a requirement for our program. We understand that recovering from alcoholism is tough and sometimes your path takes a few turns. That’s okay. With a range of resources for alcohol use disorder, we’re here to support you through everything.
Call/text us today at (866) 679-0831 to get started with alcoholism treatment immediately. We are always available and ready to help.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is Better Life Partners located in South Portland, Maine?
We partner with community organizations so that we can provide our medication-assisted treatment services wherever they’re needed in Maine. With fantastic partners and virtual options, no matter where you are in the state, you can receive our alcohol treatment services.
How is Better Life Partners’ alcohol treatment program different from AA?
Our program takes the best parts of AA and builds upon them. We offer group sessions, like AA, but they are led by licensed professionals and are focused on your unique needs. While our sessions aren’t geared toward a one-faith practice, we support members of all faiths and encourage each person to share what’s important to them.
Why do you use Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD) and alcoholism interchangeably?
First and foremost, we use the word alcoholism on our website to make sure folks looking online for treatment find us as an option! That said, we know there are several people out there who don’t relate to that word, so we use it alongside AUD and aim to use alcohol use disorder in place of alcoholism when possible.
We use alcohol use disorder instead of alcoholism because AUD includes varying degrees of alcohol use and is a diagnostic medical term, whereas “alcoholism” is a colloquial term that is often interpreted negatively or as referring to someone with a severe alcohol use problem. So, we use AUD to be inclusive and non-judgmental!
Do I need to take medication to be in your program?
Absolutely not! We never ask our members to do anything they are not comfortable with. Many of our members opt out of medications and others elect to use them. Your recovery is up to you! We’re here to provide you with options so you can choose the treatment style that works best for you.
I’m interested in medications, how quickly can I start on Naltrexone/Acamprosate/Disulfiram for Alcoholism?
We offer same-day treatment with or without medications for alcoholism/AUD. Call/text to get started: (866) 679-0831.
What is expected of me during treatment?
First, you will meet with a medical professional to get started. After that, members take part in supportive counseling sessions. Depending on where you’re at in your recovery, this may look like weekly, bi-monthly, or monthly group therapy. Overall, what your treatment looks like is up to you–we’re just here to give you whatever support you need in the process.
Do you accept insurance?
Yes. We accept Mainecare, Medicare, most insurances, and offer a sliding fee scale as needed.
What’s it like to be a Better Life Partners member?
We may be biased, but we think it’s pretty great! We operate with a non-punitive harm reduction philosophy, which means that we offer compassion and flexibility to help you achieve your goals. We believe in creating options and a sense of belonging during recovery, instead of focusing on consequences. Plus, we integrate with other community organizations to make sure you can get our care no matter where you are.
Become a community partner here