Amherst, MA: Alcohol Treatment Program
Our same-day alcohol treatment program is available virtually in Amherst, MA. Get started with recovery today, from the comfort of your home if you’d like!
Treatment for Alcoholism or AUD in Amherst, MA
If you’re living with alcoholism, now known as alcohol use disorder or AUD, anywhere near Amherst, MA, you can receive same-day outpatient treatment with Better Life Partners. We know how valuable your time is, which is why we build flexibility and options into our program, so you can customize it to fit your life.
With help from our partnerships with like-minded organizations all across Massachusetts, we can deliver when and where you need us most. We make AUD treatment affordable and accessible, no matter where you’re coming from or what your financial situation looks like. To help with that, we accept most insurances, including Medicaid, Medicare, BCBS, and MassHealth, and offer a sliding scale fee option. We’re confident we can find a treatment plan that works for you.
Simple steps to get started with Better Life Partners’ alcoholism (AUD) treatment program:
- Start with a free call or text us at (866) 679-0831. After a brief and confidential 15-minute consultation with one of our team members (in fluent Spanish if needed), you can get started with treatment immediately.
- If you would like to go ahead with treatment at Better Life Partners, the next step is a quick orientation into the program and scheduling your weekly group counseling sessions.
- The final step is only for those members who are interested in medication for AUD. If you would like to learn more about the medications we offer for alcohol use disorder, we’ll help you schedule a meeting with a clinician who can help you understand your options. Not interested in medication? That’s totally fine! You’ll never be required to do anything you don’t want to do with Better Life Partners.
Same-Day Alcohol Treatment Program in Amherst, MA
Between school or home obligations, work, and life in general, finding time for alcoholism (AUD) recovery might seem daunting. With Better Life Partners, that will change. That’s why we offer same-day, flexible treatment no matter where you live in Massachusetts or what your hopes for recovery are. With no waitlists or requirements, you get the immediate resources that can make a difference for you without the hassle.
At the heart of our alcohol treatment program at Better Life Partners is our weekly group counseling. These sessions provide a great opportunity to discuss your recovery with peers who understand first-hand what you’re going through. All groups are led by licensed counselors, who help to guide discussions about different educational topics like symptom management, goal setting, and healthy coping skills. The power of your peer support mixed with the guidance and education from a licensed counselor help foster lasting change.
Thanks to our partnerships across Massachusetts, we offer dozens of resources for alcohol use disorder (AUD). Below are a few examples:
- A compassionate and supportive recovery community
- Group therapy facilitated by a licensed professional
- Recovery coaching
- Optional medications for alcohol use disorder (like Acamprosate, Disulfiram, and Naltrexone)
- Medication management programs
- Mental health care
- Basic primary health care
- And lots more!
Whenever you’re ready to get started with treatment at Better Life Partners, call or text us at (866) 679-0831.
Better Life Partners’ unique alcohol treatment program in Amherst, MA
- We base our entire program on a harm reduction philosophy. Our goal is to help you get to the healthier life you’re envisioning, regardless of what that is. We’re non-punitive and non-judgmental so you can feel comfortable coming to us exactly as you are. Your goals are our goals.
- We use licensed professionals to lead our group therapy sessions. The heart of our AUD program is our group therapy. These sessions combine the power of peers who understand with the knowledge and guidance of licensed professionals to give you a supercharged recovery community.
- We place our members first. Your goals for recovery will always be the priority for your recovery. Whether that means cutting back or abstaining, we will be here to offer you the support and access to tools that will allow you to achieve your health and wellness goals.
Judgment-Free Alcohol Treatment Program in Amherst, MA
Whether your AUD recovery includes goals for abstinence, drinking in moderation, or working toward something else, you’ll never be met with judgment. At Better Life Partners, we know recovery pathways are unique. That’s why we have a harm reduction policy that allows us to focus on your journey to a healthier life regardless of how big or small those steps are.
We feel everyone deserves access to respectful and non-judgmental care. And that’s exactly what our recovery communities aim to provide. Come to us as you are, ask for the recovery you feel is best, and never fear doing something wrong. We offer encouragement and support, never punishment or consequence.
If you’re ready to get started with your AUD journey, text or call us at (866) 679-0831.
Optional medication for alcoholism (AUD) in Amherst, MA
One of the many optional recovery tools we have available for AUD is medication-assisted treatment. Whether you choose this pathway or another, you will still get the benefit of our recovery community along with other resources.
At Better Life Partners, we offer three different medications to our interested members. The first, Naltrexone, is most helpful for people who would like to reduce their alcohol consumption but don’t necessarily want to quit completely. The other two medications, Disulfiram and Acamprosate, are geared more toward individuals looking toward a goal of complete abstinence.
They all work a little differently, but all three have been proven to be both safe and effective for the treatment of alcohol use disorder. If you feel this may be a good option for you, just mention it when you call us at (866) 679-0831 and we can help to connect you with one of our professionals who can explain them in more detail.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is Better Life Partners located in Amherst, Massachusetts?
We partner with community organizations so that we can provide our medication-assisted treatment services wherever they’re needed in Massachusetts. With fantastic partners and virtual options, no matter where you are in the state, you can receive our alcohol treatment services.
How is Better Life Partners’ alcohol treatment program different from AA?
Our program takes the best parts of AA and builds upon them. We offer group sessions, like AA, but they are led by licensed professionals and are focused on your unique needs. While our sessions aren’t geared toward a one-faith practice, we support members of all faiths and encourage each person to share what’s important to them.
Why do you use Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD) and alcoholism interchangeably?
First and foremost, we use the word alcoholism on our website to make sure folks looking online for treatment find us as an option! That said, we know there are several people out there who don’t relate to that word, so we use it alongside AUD and aim to use alcohol use disorder in place of alcoholism when possible.
We use alcohol use disorder instead of alcoholism because AUD includes varying degrees of alcohol use and is a diagnostic medical term, whereas “alcoholism” is a colloquial term that is often interpreted negatively or as referring to someone with a severe alcohol use problem. So, we use AUD to be inclusive and non-judgmental!
Do I need to take medication to be in your program?
Absolutely not! We never ask our members to do anything they are not comfortable with. Many of our members opt out of medications and others elect to use them. Your recovery is up to you! We’re here to provide you with options so you can choose the treatment style that works best for you.
I’m interested in medications, how quickly can I start on Naltrexone/Acamprosate/Disulfiram for Alcoholism?
We offer same-day treatment with or without medications for alcoholism/AUD. Call/text to get started: (866) 679-0831.
What is expected of me during treatment?
First, you will meet with a medical professional to get started. After that, members take part in supportive counseling sessions. Depending on where you’re at in your recovery, this may look like weekly, bi-monthly, or monthly group therapy. Overall, what your treatment looks like is up to you–we’re just here to give you whatever support you need in the process.
Do you accept insurance?
Yes. We accept Medicaid, Medicare, BCBS, MassHealth, most insurances, and offer a sliding fee scale as needed.
What’s it like to be a Better Life Partners member?
We may be biased, but we think it’s pretty great! We operate with a non-punitive harm reduction philosophy, which means that we offer compassion and flexibility to help you achieve your goals. We believe in creating options and a sense of belonging during recovery, instead of focusing on consequences. Plus, we integrate with other community organizations to make sure you can get our care no matter where you are.
Become a community partner here