Alcohol Treatment Program in Orono, ME
We provide wraparound, same-day access to our alcohol treatment program in Orono, Maine. Get supportive, compassionate care for alcoholism (AUD) today.
Treatment for Alcoholism (Alcohol Use Disorder) in Orono, ME
Feel like you can’t control your drinking? Have friends pointing out that you’re getting too drunk too often? Do you find yourself forgetting what happened the day after drinking? Has someone close to you called you an alcoholic? It doesn’t have to be that way.
Better Life Partners offers same-day treatment for alcohol use disorder in Orono, ME, including treatment options for college students! Our flexible scheduling makes treatment work for you, no matter your schedule or what phase of life you’re in.
Regardless of where you live in Maine, you can access our compassionate, high-quality resources. You can start treatment on the same day that you text or call us, and our treatment program for alcohol use disorder is available online anywhere. We make sure that treatment is possible no matter your budget: we take most insurances, including Mainecare and Medicare, and we also use a sliding fee scale.
How to start Better Life Partners’ treatment program for alcohol use:
- Call or text us at (866) 679-0831 for a 15-minute consultation with a member of our team—we keep it short to work with your busy schedule. We have translators available if needed! Immediately after this phone consultation, you can begin treatment.
- If you think Better Life Partners is a good fit, we will work with you to set up an assessment, a brief orientation, and weekly group counseling sessions at a time that is convenient for you.
- If you’re interested, you can schedule a longer medical evaluation to discuss whether medication might be a good fit for you. Based on your treatment goals and needs, we provide Naltrexone, Disulfiram, or Acamprosate. Many of our members opt for treatment without supporting medications and that’s totally okay! No matter what, you will receive judgment-free care.
Convenient Alcohol Treatment Program Near You in Orono, ME
At Better Life Partners, we offer you the same high-quality, compassionate online. No matter where you live in Maine or what your schedule looks like, Better Life Partners will work with you to ensure that you receive the treatment you want, when you want it.
The care we provide at Better Life Partners is supportive, compassionate, and based on harm reduction. We recognize that treatment for alcoholism (alcohol use disorder) can look different for everyone. This is why we have a member-based approach to care, making your unique needs a priority. We’ll be here to support you as you decide what type of future you would like to pursue.
Why is Better Life Partners’ alcohol use disorder (alcoholism) treatment unique?
- Our group therapy sessions are led by licensed medical professionals/counselors. Group therapy is considered the mainstay of alcohol treatment because it gives members a community centered around recovery. In sessions, members support each other, discuss symptom management and stressors, and share their recovery experiences in the presence of a licensed counselor who can offer guidance and support.
- Same-day care is available. Immediately after you call or text us at (866) 679-0381, you can get started with our judgment-free, non-punitive treatment. You’re welcome to come just as you are—we’re here to help provide you options as you get started in your recovery.
- Our program is based on harm reduction. There are no requirements to participate in our program, and we don’t have guidelines like some 12-step programs or religious programming. You can leave our program at any time, and you are always welcome to come back!
- The care we offer is member-centered, nonpunitive, and community-oriented. We understand that everybody has different treatment goals. We are here for you whether your goal is cutting back, abstinence, or something else. Our resources are designed to help you achieve your personal recovery goals and other members will be there to support you, not judge.
- We believe that it helps to have multiple support systems during recovery. That’s why we offer our members a variety of resources, such as mental health counseling (including cognitive behavioral therapy), clinical group counseling, and medications for alcohol use disorder. You can also attend other programs, like AA, alongside ours.
Find Healing: Our Alcohol Treatment Program in Orono, ME
Better Life Partners offers flexible same-day treatment for alcohol use disorder throughout Maine. We provide you the resources you need to get started with your recovery, including treatment options that are fully virtual if that works better for you! At Better Life Partners we provide you with the tools it takes to recover.
Our group counseling sessions are the foundation of our alcohol treatment program at Better Life Partners. At weekly meetings, you will build a strong support network with members of your community by discussing subjects relating to alcohol use and recovery. The group leaders, who are licensed professionals, will provide support with things like coping skills, setting goals, and managing symptoms.
We can bring care right to you thanks to our partners all over Maine. Here are some of the many resources we provide for alcohol use disorder:
- Group therapy led by a medical professional
- Supportive, nonjudgmental recovery community
- Recovery coaching
- Optional medications for alcohol use disorder (like Naltrexone, Acamprosate, and Disulfiram)
- Basic primary health care
- Mental health care
- Medication management
- And much more!
To learn more about Better Life Partners in Orono, ME, and/or get started with treatment today, call or text us at (866) 679-0831.
Get optional medication for alcoholism (AUD) today in Orono, ME
On the same day that you call or text us at (866) 679-0831, Better Life Partners can offer members medications for alcohol use disorder. You do not need to take medication in order to participate in our groups-based program. Many people opt not to take medication for AUD, but those that choose to utilize it often find it helpful for recovery. If you are interested in medication for alcohol use disorder, one of our clinicians will help guide you through your options.
For those interested in medications for alcohol use disorder (AUD), we have three different medications available:
- Naltrexone: This medication works for those who don’t necessarily want to abstain from alcohol, but would like to cut back.
- Acamprosate: This medication reduces cravings and urges to drink, which means it works best for those who would like to abstain from alcohol completely.
- Disulfiram: Like Acamprosate, this medication helps with abstinence from alcohol. It does this by making your body very sensitive to drinking alcohol.
Through extensive studies, these medications for alcohol use disorder have all been found to be safe and effective, alongside the power of weekly groups.
If you are interested in starting to take medication for alcohol use disorder, call/text us today at (866) 679-0831 to begin treatment.
Harm Reduction Alcohol Treatment Program in Orono, ME
At Better Life Partners, we know that everyone takes a different path to recovery. Some of our members are looking to become abstinent, while others are trying to moderate their use. We will support you no matter what. Our harm reduction philosophy means that we’re not here to punish or judge you–we will never make you do anything you don’t want to do.
It is safe to come just as you are to our treatment program; we don’t kick anyone out for things like relapsing or missing meetings, and we don’t turn anyone away. Recovering from alcoholism is a complex experience that varies for everyone, and that’s okay. Through it all, your community at Better Life Partners will be here to support you and offer recovery resources.
We are always just a call or text away. Reach out to us now at (866) 679-0831 to get started with treatment for alcohol use right away.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is Better Life Partners located in Orono, Maine?
We partner with community organizations so that we can provide our medication-assisted treatment services wherever they’re needed in Maine. With fantastic partners and virtual options, no matter where you are in the state, you can receive our alcohol treatment services.
How is Better Life Partners’ alcohol treatment program different from AA?
Our program takes the best parts of AA and builds upon them. We offer group sessions, like AA, but they are led by licensed professionals and are focused on your unique needs. While our sessions aren’t geared toward a one-faith practice, we support members of all faiths and encourage each person to share what’s important to them.
Why do you use Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD) and alcoholism interchangeably?
First and foremost, we use the word alcoholism on our website to make sure folks looking online for treatment find us as an option! That said, we know there are several people out there who don’t relate to that word, so we use it alongside AUD and aim to use alcohol use disorder in place of alcoholism when possible.
We use alcohol use disorder instead of alcoholism because AUD includes varying degrees of alcohol use and is a diagnostic medical term, whereas “alcoholism” is a colloquial term that is often interpreted negatively or as referring to someone with a severe alcohol use problem. So, we use AUD to be inclusive and non-judgmental!
Do I need to take medication to be in your program?
Absolutely not! We never ask our members to do anything they are not comfortable with. Many of our members opt out of medications and others elect to use them. Your recovery is up to you! We’re here to provide you with options so you can choose the treatment style that works best for you.
I’m interested in medications, how quickly can I start on Naltrexone/Acamprosate/Disulfiram for Alcoholism?
We offer same-day treatment with or without medications for alcoholism/AUD. Call/text to get started: (866) 679-0831.
What is expected of me during treatment?
First, you will meet with a medical professional to get started. After that, members take part in supportive counseling sessions. Depending on where you’re at in your recovery, this may look like weekly, bi-monthly, or monthly group therapy. Overall, what your treatment looks like is up to you–we’re just here to give you whatever support you need in the process.
Do you accept insurance?
Yes. We accept Mainecare, Medicare, most insurances, and offer a sliding fee scale as needed.
What’s it like to be a Better Life Partners member?
We may be biased, but we think it’s pretty great! We operate with a non-punitive harm reduction philosophy, which means that we offer compassion and flexibility to help you achieve your goals. We believe in creating options and a sense of belonging during recovery, instead of focusing on consequences. Plus, we integrate with other community organizations to make sure you can get our care no matter where you are.
Become a community partner here