Convenient Alcohol Treatment Program in Portland, ME
You can get started with recovery today with Better Life Partners’ alcohol treatment program in Portland, ME. We offer virtual care, so you can get treatment wherever you’re most comfortable!
Accessible Alcoholism (Alcohol Use Disorder) Treatment in Portland, ME
Are you looking for outpatient treatment for alcoholism (also known as alcohol use disorder) that is non-judgmental and compassionate? Do you need treatment that can fit into your busy schedule at school or work, and that’s easy to access no matter where you are? In Portland, ME, Better Life Partners can provide you with high-quality care online, on the same day you call us!
We ensure that our resources can reach as many people as possible. With no requirements to begin treatment, come as you are and get started immediately. Our virtual treatment options let you receive care at home if that’s best for you. With translation services, Spanish-speaking staff, and Spanish-language programming, we will reduce all barriers between you and the care you deserve.
We keep our treatment financially accessible: we offer a sliding fee scale and accept most insurance, including Mainecare and Medicare. With the help of our partners across Maine, like Maine Access Points and Preble Street, we will bring treatment straight to you, anywhere in the state.
Steps to starting our alcoholism (AUD) treatment program in Portland, MA today:
- First, call or text us at (866) 679-0831—you’ll talk with one of our team members for about 15 minutes. We offer the services of translators and Spanish-speaking staff if you’re interested in that. You can start treatment immediately after this phone consultation!
- Next, we will work with you to find a good time for an assessment and orientation. We will also help you choose a weekly time slot to come to our group counseling sessions.
- Some of our members take medication for AUD, while others opt against medication. If you want to learn more about medication for alcohol use, you can meet with a clinician ASAP to talk about what we offer. You will never be required to take medication to participate in our program.
Flexible Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD) Near You in Portland, MA
We will find a treatment plan that meets your needs, wherever you live in Maine, and whatever your lifestyle looks like. You can start treatment as soon as you call us. Our member-centric resources are available both virtually, and we have many time slots for programming like group counseling. We also do our best to meet all of your language needs with Spanish-language programming and translation services.
At Better Life Partners, we understand that no two people have the same experience of alcohol use and recovery. We don’t judge—your recovery goals are valid, no matter what they are! We’re here to cheer you on and offer you the tools you want and need as you pursue your unique recovery goals. Reach out to us today at (866) 679-0831: as soon as you call or text, you can start alcohol treatment right away!
What makes our treatment program at Better Life Partners unique?
- We offer lots of care options because we know that our members have diverse needs. Some of the many treatment choices we offer for alcohol use disorder (AUD) include community-building group therapy, optional medication treatment, and a vibrant recovery network. We support members who use other substances in addition to alcohol, and members are welcome to join other programs, like AA, alongside ours. We will find an option that works for you!
- Our treatment is accessible to all, and you can get started right away. As soon as you call or text us, we will offer you our high-touch care, including medication for AUD. Virtual options for treatment help make sure that you can get care from the comfort of your home. We’ll work with you in any language, and our insurance coverage makes treatment affordable. Everyone deserves our supportive care!
- We will never judge or punish you—we’re here to support you! Our members have all sorts of recovery goals: some people want to cut back, some want to abstain, and others have different goals. There are no abstinence requirements for treatment with us, and we will help you pursue your goals no matter what they are.
Non-Punitive Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD) Treatment Program in Portland, ME
Our guiding harm reduction principles at Better Life Partners mean that we will never judge or punish our members. We know how distinct and unique each person’s recovery is, and that’s okay—you can come to treatment just as you are! Your loving community will support you unconditionally as you navigate your recovery.
We’ll never punish you for your treatment goals, whether you want to cut back, abstain, or aim for another goal. We also won’t punish you for relapsing or missing meetings. If you do miss a meeting, we’ll help you attend another one ASAP—our goal is to make sure you have access to the resources you want. You can leave our program anytime, and come back anytime. No matter what your recovery looks like, your loving community of members and staff at Better Life Partners will embrace you without judgment.
Reach out to (866) 679-0831 now to receive our non-punitive, sensitive alcohol treatment today!
Get optional medication treatment for alcoholism (AUD) today in Portland, ME
Are you interested in taking medication for alcohol use? Text or call us ASAP at (866) 679-0831 to get set up with medication treatment today! Some of our members use medication for AUD and find it useful, while others don’t take medication. It’s always your choice: you do not have to take medication to get treatment with Better Life Partners!
We offer these three medications for alcohol use disorder AUD to interested members:
- Naltrexone: This medication is most helpful for people who want to reduce alcohol use without necessarily abstaining from alcohol.
- Acamprosate: Acamprosate is effective for those who would like to abstain from drinking. It works by lessening urges to drink and cravings.
- Disulfiram: Like Acamprosate, Disulfiram is most appropriate for folks who are pursuing complete abstinence. It makes your body extremely sensitive to alcohol use, so you may experience unpleasant symptoms if you drink.
Many studies have found these medications for AUD to be safe and work well. Members who opt for medication treatment often feel that it is a helpful tool in conjunction with our other treatment features like group counseling.
Reach out to us right away and start medication treatment for alcohol use disorder today! We’re a call or text away at (866) 679-0831.
Outpatient Alcoholism (AUD) Treatment Program in Portland, ME:
Wherever you live in Maine, our respectful care can find you. Our options are designed to work with a range of needs and lifestyles. We will meet your language and financial needs with translation services and insurance coverage, and our virtual care options can help make treatment more accessible. Call us today to access our dozens of treatment choices, like recovery coaching, group therapy, optional medication for AUD, and so many more.
Group counseling is the foundation of treatment at Better Life Partners. Group sessions allow members to open up about their recovery during safe, confidential discussions that are facilitated by a licensed professional. This licensed group leader also guides discussions of educational topics, like developing coping skills and symptom management. Many members benefit greatly from the loving network built during group sessions.
Our partner organizations throughout Maine help us bring our compassionate care directly to you. Here are a few of the many AUD treatment options we provide to our members:
- Non-punitive, non-judgmental group counseling guided by a licensed clinical professional
- Optional medications for AUD (Acamprosate, Naltrexone, and Disulfiram)
- Mental health care
- Basic primary health care
- Recovery coaching
- Care coordination and referral services
- And more!
Ready to start? Call or text us at (866) 679-0831 now and we will set you up with care today!
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is Better Life Partners located in Portland, Maine?
We partner with community organizations so that we can provide our medication-assisted treatment services wherever they’re needed in Maine. With fantastic partners and virtual options, no matter where you are in the state, you can receive our alcohol treatment services.
How is Better Life Partners’ alcohol treatment program different from AA?
Our program takes the best parts of AA and builds upon them. We offer group sessions, like AA, but they are led by licensed professionals and are focused on your unique needs. While our sessions aren’t geared toward a one-faith practice, we support members of all faiths and encourage each person to share what’s important to them.
Why do you use Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD) and alcoholism interchangeably?
First and foremost, we use the word alcoholism on our website to make sure folks looking online for treatment find us as an option! That said, we know there are several people out there who don’t relate to that word, so we use it alongside AUD and aim to use alcohol use disorder in place of alcoholism when possible.
We use alcohol use disorder instead of alcoholism because AUD includes varying degrees of alcohol use and is a diagnostic medical term, whereas “alcoholism” is a colloquial term that is often interpreted negatively or as referring to someone with a severe alcohol use problem. So, we use AUD to be inclusive and non-judgmental!
Do I need to take medication to be in your program?
Absolutely not! We never ask our members to do anything they are not comfortable with. Many of our members opt out of medications and others elect to use them. Your recovery is up to you! We’re here to provide you with options so you can choose the treatment style that works best for you.
I’m interested in medications, how quickly can I start on Naltrexone/Acamprosate/Disulfiram for Alcoholism?
We offer same-day treatment with or without medications for alcoholism/AUD. Call/text to get started: (866) 679-0831.
What is expected of me during treatment?
First, you will meet with a medical professional to get started. After that, members take part in supportive counseling sessions. Depending on where you’re at in your recovery, this may look like weekly, bi-monthly, or monthly group therapy. Overall, what your treatment looks like is up to you–we’re just here to give you whatever support you need in the process.
Do you accept insurance?
Yes. We accept Mainecare, Medicare, most insurances, and offer a sliding fee scale as needed.
What’s it like to be a Better Life Partners member?
We may be biased, but we think it’s pretty great! We operate with a non-punitive harm reduction philosophy, which means that we offer compassion and flexibility to help you achieve your goals. We believe in creating options and a sense of belonging during recovery, instead of focusing on consequences. Plus, we integrate with other community organizations to make sure you can get our care no matter where you are.
Become a community partner here