Outpatient Alcohol Treatment Program in Waterville, ME
You can begin getting care for alcoholism today with our alcohol treatment program in Waterville, ME. We offer virtual services, with compassionate care and flexible scheduling!
Accessible Resources for Alcoholism (AUD) in Waterville, ME
Better Life Partners’ supportive, wraparound alcohol use disorder (AUD) treatment services are available to anyone living in near Waterville, ME. We offer whole-person support resources to make sure all your needs are being met, including group therapy, basic primary care, and medication-assisted recovery, among others. The beauty of our program is you can access it from anywhere in Maine, and choose which of our dozens of services will give you the recovery journey you’re envisioning.
The flexibility we offer within our treatment program makes the transition into alcohol recovery smooth without the headaches often surrounding getting started. This is possible because of our partnerships with like-minded organizations, like the Maine Association of Recovery Residences and Maine Access Points, throughout the state. With their help, we bring life-changing resources directly to you, at an affordable price. We accept most insurances, including Mainecare and Medicare, and we also provide a sliding-fee scale to those who need it.
Call or text us at (866) 679-0831 whenever you’re ready to get started with recovery.
Begin your alcohol use disorder (alcoholism) recovery today
- Simply call or text us at (866) 679-0831 for a short consultation with a member of our care team. After this completely confidential call, you can start alcohol treatment immediately.
- If you like what Better Life Partners has to offer and you’d like to start, we’ll help you set up weekly group counseling sessions and give you a quick orientation into our program.
- Some of our members are interested in using medication for alcohol use disorder as a support tool during their recovery. If this applies to you, just mention it when you call and we will help you schedule a follow-up evaluation with one of our clinicians to see if medication-assisted recovery is a good fit for you. Just know that if you’re not interested in medication, it isn’t required to get care with us!
Waterville, ME: Heal without Judgment in Our Alcohol Treatment Program
Unfortunately, many of our friends and family don’t understand the full reality of living with addiction and often pass judgment, whether they mean to or not. When you join our supportive recovery community, you’re getting a network of peers who understand first-hand what it means to live with alcoholism (AUD), along with an entire team of medical professionals who know a thing or two about recovery.
The reality is that no two recovery journeys are going to be the same. And at Better Life Partners we celebrate this diversity. Our commitment to our harm reduction philosophy means you’ll never have to worry about being judged, turned away, or punished. We welcome you as you are and meet you wherever you are on your journey. Our unwavering support and compassion will be here for the duration of your recovery, no matter what that looks like for you.
What makes Better Life Partners’ alcohol treatment program unique?
- Our wraparound resources encompass both your physical and mental health. We care for the whole person at Better Life Partners because we understand the complexity of addiction. That means we provide resources that help you heal in all aspects of your life. A few of the services we offer access to include mental health care, basic primary care, medications, and much more.
- You decide what recovery means. We know there isn’t a magical cure for alcoholism (AUD). We expect recovery visions to vary from person to person. That’s we encourage our members to define what recovery means for them and together we create a plan that goes after the goals they’re hoping to achieve.
- We offer a judgment-free treatment program aimed at harm reduction. We’re committed to providing a place of belonging and freedom for all our members. That means we don’t judge, punish, or turn people away. Alcoholism (AUD) is complex, but we’re here to provide you with the compassionate care you need to start healing today.
Same-Day Alcohol Treatment Program in Waterville, ME
We make getting started with alcoholism (AUD) treatment as pain-free as possible because we recognize that the first step toward recovery is often the hardest. To help streamline the process, we have no abstinence requirements or waitlists, and instead, offer care services the same day you decide you’re ready. For us, it doesn’t matter if you want to drink less, abstain, or try something else–we have resources for every recovery version.
We’ve built our program around our group therapy sessions because they’ve been proven to make a huge difference in long-term success. Each week one of our licensed counselors, who lead every meeting, will introduce new topics and skill-building techniques, like healthy coping mechanisms and setting solid goals. This helps foster healthy and confidential discussions and delivers the full power of your peer support.
Here’s a small sampling of the resources we can provide you with today thanks to our community partnerships:
- Recovery Coaching
- Group therapy led by a licensed professional
- Optional medications for alcohol use disorder (see below for more information)
- A supportive recovery community
- 1-on-1 counseling
- Care coordination and referral services
- Mental health care
- And so much more!
Call or text us today at (866) 679-0831 to get started, there’s always someone ready to listen.
Optional medication for alcohol use disorder (alcoholism)
One of the many support tools we offer at Better Life Partners is medication-assisted recovery. Medication can be an incredibly safe and effective resource for interested members, however, it’s never a requirement to be in our alcohol treatment program.
We offer three different medications for alcoholism (AUD): Disulfiram, Naltrexone, and Acamprosate. Depending on your recovery goals, a licensed medical professional will help you determine which medication, if any, is best suited to your situation. We typically prescribe either Disulfiram or Acamprosate to members who are hoping for future abstinence and Naltrexone for those whose primary goal is to drink in moderation.
If you’d like to learn more about medication for AUD, just mention it when you call or text us at (866) 679-0831.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is Better Life Partners located in Abington, Massachusetts?
We partner with community organizations so that we can provide our medication-assisted treatment services wherever they’re needed in Massachusetts. With fantastic partners and virtual options, no matter where you are in the state, you can receive our alcohol treatment services.
How is Better Life Partners’ alcohol treatment program different from AA?
Our program takes the best parts of AA and builds upon them. We offer group sessions, like AA, but they are led by licensed professionals and are focused on your unique needs. While our sessions aren’t geared toward a one-faith practice, we support members of all faiths and encourage each person to share what’s important to them.
Why do you use Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD) and alcoholism interchangeably?
First and foremost, we use the word alcoholism on our website to make sure folks looking online for treatment find us as an option! That said, we know there are several people out there who don’t relate to that word, so we use it alongside AUD and aim to use alcohol use disorder in place of alcoholism when possible.
We use alcohol use disorder instead of alcoholism because AUD includes varying degrees of alcohol use and is a diagnostic medical term, whereas “alcoholism” is a colloquial term that is often interpreted negatively or as referring to someone with a severe alcohol use problem. So, we use AUD to be inclusive and non-judgmental!
Do I need to take medication to be in your program?
Absolutely not! We never ask our members to do anything they are not comfortable with. Many of our members opt out of medications and others elect to use them. Your recovery is up to you! We’re here to provide you with options so you can choose the treatment style that works best for you.
I’m interested in medications, how quickly can I start on Naltrexone/Acamprosate/Disulfiram for Alcoholism?
We offer same-day treatment with or without medications for alcoholism/AUD. Call/text to get started: (866) 679-0831.
What is expected of me during treatment?
First, you will meet with a medical professional to get started. After that, members take part in supportive counseling sessions. Depending on where you’re at in your recovery, this may look like weekly, bi-monthly, or monthly group therapy. Overall, what your treatment looks like is up to you–we’re just here to give you whatever support you need in the process.
Do you accept insurance?
Yes. We accept Medicaid, Medicare, BCBS, MassHealth, most insurances, and offer a sliding fee scale as needed.
What’s it like to be a Better Life Partners member?
We may be biased, but we think it’s pretty great! We operate with a non-punitive harm reduction philosophy, which means that we offer compassion and flexibility to help you achieve your goals. We believe in creating options and a sense of belonging during recovery, instead of focusing on consequences. Plus, we integrate with other community organizations to make sure you can get our care no matter where you are.
Become a community partner here