Alcohol Treatment Program in York, ME
Better Life Partners brings compassionate, judgment-free alcohol treatment programs to York, Maine. Get wraparound, supportive care today!
Same-Day Treatment for Alcoholism (AUD) in York, ME
Here at Better Life Partners, we make sure getting alcohol treatment is easy and accessible, so no matter where you’re at in Maine you can get the compassionate care you deserve. We provide services, so you can join our program from the comfort of your home! We also make sure our appointments and group counseling sessions are flexible–we offer lots of timeslots from morning through evening!
In York, Maine, you’re able to get access to tons of resources for alcoholism thanks to our community partners like 211 Maine and OPTIONS. You’ll get these resources at a price that fits into your budget, we accept most insurances including Mainecare, Medicare, and a sliding-fee scale for those who need it. We’re confident that we can make recovery work for you, no matter what your situation might be.
How to begin outpatient alcohol treatment today in York, Maine:
- Call or text us at (866) 679-0831 for a free 15-minute consultation with a member of our support team. We’re ready to get you started with treatment immediately after this phone call, there are no waitlists!
- If you’re interested in using medication to support your recovery, you can schedule a follow-up appointment with one of our prescribers. Medication is not required to get treatment, but some members want the extra support, and that’s okay too! We provide Disulfiram, Acamprosate, or Naltrexone based on your goals for recovery.
- If you feel like Better Life Partners’ program is a good fit for you, we can help you get set up with weekly group counseling sessions, a short orientation into our program, and an assessment.
Convenient Alcohol Treatment Program Near You in York, ME
You can begin getting treatment for alcohol use disorder (AUD)today if you live anywhere in the state of Maine, all you have to do is call or text us at (866) 679-0831 and we’ll get started.
Our alcohol treatment program is centered entirely around your goals and needs for recovery; no matter what you’re looking to get out of treatment, we’ll be here to provide you with the support and resources you need to get there. Whether you want to start drinking in moderation or abstain from alcohol altogether, we’re ready to provide you with the compassionate, non-judgmental care you deserve.
What makes Better Life Partners’ alcohol treatment services unique?
- You get to join a supportive, judgment-free community. Our group therapy sessions are the foundation of our care model. Here, you’ll connect with other members on their own recovery journeys and build a strong support network of others who understand what it’s like to live with alcoholism. You never have to be alone when you get treatment with Better Life Partners!
- You get to define what recovery means for you. Our care team at Better Life Partners recognizes that recovery is going to look different for everyone, and that’s okay! No matter what you envision your healthier life looking like, we’ll provide you with the support you need to get there.
- We operate with a harm reduction approach to care. We’re dedicated to providing you with compassionate, judgment-free care, no matter what. We don’t have any abstinence requirements to join our program, and we also don’t kick people out or turn them away for things like missing meetings or relapsing. We provide options, not consequences.
Outpatient Alcohol Treatment with Community Support in York, ME
When you sign up for alcohol treatment with Better Life Partners, you’re opting to be part of a supportive, community-based treatment program run by professionals dedicated to providing you with judgment-free support. One of the biggest components of our alcohol use disorder program is our group therapy sessions. During these sessions, you will build a strong support system with other members of your community who are also recovering from AUD (“alcoholism”).
These group counseling sessions are led by licensed professionals who are ready to support you in whatever ways you need during your recovery. In addition to connecting with your peers, you’ll also have educational discussions surrounding alcoholism, and you’ll learn healthy coping skills, how to manage your symptoms, and how to set strong goals. Better Life Partners takes a member-centered approach to care, which means that your needs and goals are always prioritized, and you never have to worry about being judged or punished for things like missing meetings or relapsing.
We partner with like-minded organizations throughout Maine in order to bring wraparound AUD treatment directly to you. No matter what your recovery goals might be, we have resources ready to support you.
Here’s just a few examples of what services we offer in York, ME:
- Group therapy led by a licensed medical professional
- Recovery coaching
- Supportive recovery community
- Optional medications for alcohol use disorder
- Mental health care
- Care coordination and referral services
- And so much more!
To get started with treatment today, call or text us at (866) 679-0831. We can get you set up with group counseling sessions today!
Healing Together: Alcoholism (AUD) Recovery Based on Compassion
Seeking treatment for alcohol use disorder (AUD) can often come with unnecessary judgment from friends, family, or even the medical community. That’s why Better Life Partners is dedicated to bringing judgment-free, compassionate care to anybody looking to recover from AUD. We use a harm reduction-based philosophy to guide our alcohol treatment program, which means you can feel safe coming to us as you are. We promise not to judge you, turn you away, or kick you out of our program.
We’re getting rid of the barriers that often prevent individuals from getting confidential, supportive care for alcoholism. Abstinence is not required to get started with treatment, and we won’t ever judge you for relapses–we understand that AUD is complex, and recovery isn’t always linear. There are also no waitlists, which means you can start your recovery journey immediately after you call or text us.
If you want, you can also participate in other programs alongside ours. We don’t believe that there’s a one-size-fits-all solution to alcohol use disorder, so if you want to get additional support from an AA group or another support group, you’re free to do that! Better Life Partners prioritizes your needs when you get care with us, which means that we want you to do whatever is best for you. No matter what your goals for recovery might be–whether it’s abstinence, drinking in moderation, or something else–we’ll be right there with you.
Call or text us right now at (866) 679-0831, we’re ready to support you in whatever ways we can.
Getting started with (optional) medication for alcohol use disorder (AUD):
Some of our members want to try using medication to support them during their alcohol use disorder (AUD) recovery journey. Even so, medication is never required for you to get treatment for AUD, but some find it to be a helpful resource for them. If you decide medication might be a good option for you, you’ll meet with a licensed professional for a medication evaluation. We’ll support you throughout the whole process to ensure your recovery looks the way you want it to.
At Better Life Partners, we provide three different medications for alcohol use disorder. You’ll work with a professional to decide which option is best for your situation. Here’s a brief overview of the medications we offer:
- Disulfiram (Antabuse): We recommend this medication to those who want to abstain from drinking alcohol entirely. It works by reducing cravings and making your body extra sensitive to alcohol.
- Acamprosate (Campral): This is another medication that works well for those whose goal is abstinence. It works by reducing cravings and urges to drink.
- Naltrexone: We recommend this medication to members looking to drink in moderation. It reduces cravings and also weakens the pleasant effects of alcohol to make drinking less desirable.
If you’d like to learn more about medications for alcohol use disorder, just give us a call or text at (866) 679-0831, we’re always happy to help!
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is Better Life Partners located in York, Maine?
We partner with community organizations so that we can provide our medication-assisted treatment services wherever they’re needed in Maine. With fantastic partners and virtual options, no matter where you are in the state, you can receive our alcohol treatment services.
How is Better Life Partners’ alcohol treatment program different from AA?
Our program takes the best parts of AA and builds upon them. We offer group sessions, like AA, but they are led by licensed professionals and are focused on your unique needs. While our sessions aren’t geared toward a one-faith practice, we support members of all faiths and encourage each person to share what’s important to them.
Why do you use Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD) and alcoholism interchangeably?
First and foremost, we use the word alcoholism on our website to make sure folks looking online for treatment find us as an option! That said, we know there are several people out there who don’t relate to that word, so we use it alongside AUD and aim to use alcohol use disorder in place of alcoholism when possible.
We use alcohol use disorder instead of alcoholism because AUD includes varying degrees of alcohol use and is a diagnostic medical term, whereas “alcoholism” is a colloquial term that is often interpreted negatively or as referring to someone with a severe alcohol use problem. So, we use AUD to be inclusive and non-judgmental!
Do I need to take medication to be in your program?
Absolutely not! We never ask our members to do anything they are not comfortable with. Many of our members opt out of medications and others elect to use them. Your recovery is up to you! We’re here to provide you with options so you can choose the treatment style that works best for you.
I’m interested in medications, how quickly can I start on Naltrexone/Acamprosate/Disulfiram for Alcoholism?
We offer same-day treatment with or without medications for alcoholism/AUD. Call/text to get started: (866) 679-0831.
What is expected of me during treatment?
First, you will meet with a medical professional to get started. After that, members take part in supportive counseling sessions. Depending on where you’re at in your recovery, this may look like weekly, bi-monthly, or monthly group therapy. Overall, what your treatment looks like is up to you–we’re just here to give you whatever support you need in the process.
Do you accept insurance?
Yes. We accept Mainecare, Medicare, most insurances, and offer a sliding fee scale as needed.
What’s it like to be a Better Life Partners member?
We may be biased, but we think it’s pretty great! We operate with a non-punitive harm reduction philosophy, which means that we offer compassion and flexibility to help you achieve your goals. We believe in creating options and a sense of belonging during recovery, instead of focusing on consequences. Plus, we integrate with other community organizations to make sure you can get our care no matter where you are.
Become a community partner here