Standish, ME: Outpatient Alcohol Treatment Program
Join our compassionate, community-based alcohol treatment program in Standish, ME. We provide same-day outpatient care alongside a supportive community.
Convenient Alcohol Treatment Program Near You in Standish, ME
When you begin recovery for alcoholism (now known as alcohol use disorder) at Better Life Partners, you can expect a compassionate care team that’s ready to welcome you into the fold no matter where you’re starting from or hoping to go. In Standish, ME, our same-day resources are available online.
Trusted community partnerships throughout Maine, like OPTIONS and 211 Maine, are what make our widespread services possible. We accept most insurances, including Medicare and Mainecare, and offer a sliding fee scale as needed. Regardless of your current circumstances, we will come up with a treatment plan that fits your vision, budget, and life. Just call or text us at (866) 679-0831 when you’re ready.
How to start our alcoholism treatment program today:
- Call or text us at (866) 679-0831 for a confidential, 15-minute consultation with a member of our treatment team. If after this call you think Better Life Partners is the right place for your journey, treatment can begin immediately.
- The next steps to get you fully on board are a quick orientation into the program and scheduling your weekly group counseling sessions.
- If you feel you may be interested in using medication to support you during your recovery, just mention it during this initial call. One of our clinicians can meet with you in a follow-up visit to go over your options and help you decide if medication could be helpful for you. Just know that if you’re not interested in medication, that’s not a problem! It will never be required to get care
Stigma-Free Alcohol Treatment Program in Standish, ME
The care team at Better Life Partners understands the impact a positive recovery community can have on fostering a lasting change. That’s why we offer high-quality care in a format that lets you be in charge. Our member-centric approach to care means you’re accepted for who you are, wherever you are on your journey, and however you view recovery. Whether you’re seeking abstinence, moderation, or something else, we treat all our members with the kindness and respect they deserve.
We employ a harm reduction philosophy, which allows you to live and make choices without fear of judgment or punishment. You’ll never be kicked out, asked to leave, or unwelcome. Our unconditional support is just that–unconditional. If you miss a meeting, relapse, or change your mind, we’ll give you options for ways to move forward. Never punishment or consequence. So no matter where your recovery takes you, we’ll be along for the ride for as long as we’re welcome.
Call/text us today at (866) 679-0831 to get started with alcoholism treatment.
What makes our alcohol treatment program unique?
- Non-judgmental care starts the same day you call. Sometimes that first step toward recovery is the hardest. That’s why we fast-track the onboarding process at Better Life Partners. We have dozens of AUD resources available on the same day you call us. We have no abstinence requirements or waitlists. Just decide, call, and start. All on the same day, if you wish.
- We offer treatment that’s built on compassion, community, and respect. You are deserving of kindness, dignity, and belonging no matter what your relationship with alcohol is. We combat the stigma that often surrounds recovery by offering a non-punitive, judgment-free care model. You can join us exactly as you are knowing you will be accepted into our community without question.
- You choose what version of recovery you’re seeking. Whether your journey includes goals of abstinence, moderation, or something in between, our resources and support are here to help make it happen. And our member-centric approach to care means your voice will always rise above the rest when it comes to your recovery.
Start Recovering from Alcoholism (AUD) Today in Standish, ME
Better Life Partners’ flexible same-day treatment options for alcoholism (AUD) are available throughout the state of Maine without abstinence requirements or waitlists. We’ll surround you with the resources and support you need to start living that healthier life you’ve been dreaming of.
The backbone of our treatment program is our community-based group counseling sessions. These weekly meetings are always led by a licensed counselor who assists with discussions and educational material each week. This community, made up of our compassionate professionals and peers who understand first-hand what you’re dealing with, will become the support network that will see you through until the end. We’re here for you whenever you’re ready to start.
Thanks to partnerships across the state, here are just a few of the many resources we can deliver right to you:
- Group therapy led by a licensed professional
- Supportive recovery community
- Recovery coaching
- Optional medications for alcohol use disorder
- Mental health care
- 1-on-1 counseling
- Care coordination and referral services
- And so much more!
Feel free to call or text us any time at (866) 679-0831.
Optional medication for alcoholism in Standish, ME
Medication-assisted recovery is a very safe and effective tool for treating alcoholism (AUD), especially when combined with other support services like group therapy. At Better Life Partners, we offer three different medications depending on your goals for treatment. This is an optional tool only and is never required to be in our program.
For those members interested in medications for alcohol use disorder, a clinician will meet with and regularly monitor your recovery to make sure you are satisfied with how well the medication is working. For members looking for future abstinence, we recommend either Acamprosate or Disulfiram. They both help to reduce cravings and urges to drink and as an added incentive, Disulfiram also makes you nauseous if combined with alcohol. If you’re looking to cut back on your drinking but don’t necessarily want to quit completely, we recommend Naltrexone. In addition to reducing the urge to drink, this medication also lowers the pleasant effects felt while drinking.
If you’d like to see if medication is a good option for you, call or text us at (866) 679-0831.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is Better Life Partners located in Standish, Maine?
We partner with community organizations so that we can provide our medication-assisted treatment services wherever they’re needed in Maine. With fantastic partners and virtual options, no matter where you are in the state, you can receive our alcohol treatment services.
How is Better Life Partners’ alcohol treatment program different from AA?
Our program takes the best parts of AA and builds upon them. We offer group sessions, like AA, but they are led by licensed professionals and are focused on your unique needs. While our sessions aren’t geared toward a one-faith practice, we support members of all faiths and encourage each person to share what’s important to them.
Why do you use Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD) and alcoholism interchangeably?
First and foremost, we use the word alcoholism on our website to make sure folks looking online for treatment find us as an option! That said, we know there are several people out there who don’t relate to that word, so we use it alongside AUD and aim to use alcohol use disorder in place of alcoholism when possible.
We use alcohol use disorder instead of alcoholism because AUD includes varying degrees of alcohol use and is a diagnostic medical term, whereas “alcoholism” is a colloquial term that is often interpreted negatively or as referring to someone with a severe alcohol use problem. So, we use AUD to be inclusive and non-judgmental!
Do I need to take medication to be in your program?
Absolutely not! We never ask our members to do anything they are not comfortable with. Many of our members opt out of medications and others elect to use them. Your recovery is up to you! We’re here to provide you with options so you can choose the treatment style that works best for you.
I’m interested in medications, how quickly can I start on Naltrexone/Acamprosate/Disulfiram for Alcoholism?
We offer same-day treatment with or without medications for alcoholism/AUD. Call/text to get started: (866) 679-0831.
What is expected of me during treatment?
First, you will meet with a medical professional to get started. After that, members take part in supportive counseling sessions. Depending on where you’re at in your recovery, this may look like weekly, bi-monthly, or monthly group therapy. Overall, what your treatment looks like is up to you–we’re just here to give you whatever support you need in the process.
Do you accept insurance?
Yes. We accept Medicare, Medicaid, most insurances, and offer a sliding fee scale as needed.
What’s it like to be a Better Life Partners member?
We may be biased, but we think it’s pretty great! We operate with a non-punitive harm reduction philosophy, which means that we offer compassion and flexibility to help you achieve your goals. We believe in creating options and a sense of belonging during recovery, instead of focusing on consequences. Plus, we integrate with other community organizations to make sure you can get our care no matter where you are.
Become a community partner here